• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Control GPU Performance with script?

LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI 2020 GPU Performance is not fully compatible with 2015 iMacs. In some workflows it is fine and offers great advantages. In others it causes UI glitches and/or crashes.

As a workaround, I've tried turning Preview to "GPU" or "CPU" depending on the workflow. Did not fix the crash issue. Now I would like to turn "GPU Performance" on or off depending on the workflow.

• Can preferences be controlled using Javascript?
  • If not, can GPU Performance be controlled by an AI Action? I've tried without success.
TOPICS
Bug , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

my preference in CC2021 is v19, I was expecting something more general, you'll have to check what version you have in your prefs file

to disable gpu

app.preferences.setIntegerPreference ("Performance/EnableGPU_Ver19_2",0); // 1-checked, 0-unchecked

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my preference in CC2021 is v19, I was expecting something more general, you'll have to check what version you have in your prefs file

to disable gpu

app.preferences.setIntegerPreference ("Performance/EnableGPU_Ver19_2",0); // 1-checked, 0-unchecked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @CarlosCanto ! How do you know all this? 🙂

"v19" worked in 2020 as well. How do I determin what Version# a preference is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ray, I've got the info from the preferences file. Check it out, it has a lot of useful settings we can use.

this is what is has related to gpu

/Performance {
/GPUSupported 1
/EnableGPU_Ver19_2 1
/AnimZoom 1
/ResponsiveZoom 1
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines