Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert handdrawn logo to perfect cirle

Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I drew a logo in Photoshop which I now want to convert to vector in Illustration. I've used image trace, but am trying to figure out how to convert the logo to a perfect cirle (the edges of the logo are still quite messy). Converting to shape -> oval doesn't work. I normally just place a perfect circle behind my traced drawing, but this particular file isn't completely filled in (there is a white object at the bottom), so that doesn't work either.

I've attached a screenshot to make this whole story more clear!

Thanks in advance 🙂 

Eline Veldhuisen.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Eline,

As I (mis)understand it, how about simply:

1) Place a (slightly smaller) circle in front of the logo (with best fit fully within the blue part and the black line ends of the astronaut),

2) Select everything and Ctrl/Cmd+7 to form a Clipping Mask?

This will appear to cut the non transparent/white parts to be within the circle and leave the rest as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to draw the perfect circle and then subtract the white shape from it using the pathfinder panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Monika, thank you! When I trace the image in Illustrator it eventually gets a moon-like shape and is missing the astronaut.  It does not turn into an object with anchor points so I can't select just that part of the image. Do you have any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you perhaps show the traced result?

If you want to edit the paths afterwards, you need toexpand the trace. But I would only do that after having optimized the MAX out of the settings.

Please see my tips on optimizing the settings:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/image-trace-results-optimization.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't edit this post, but I meant Illustrator of course, haha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eline,

As I (mis)understand it, how about simply:

1) Place a (slightly smaller) circle in front of the logo (with best fit fully within the blue part and the black line ends of the astronaut),

2) Select everything and Ctrl/Cmd+7 to form a Clipping Mask?

This will appear to cut the non transparent/white parts to be within the circle and leave the rest as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines