Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted raster to vector dxf file has some open paths

Explorer ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have been working on vectorizing some raster black and white images to vectors using illustrator cc 2020, and although the document info option tells me that there is no open paths; after saving as dxf file and delivering it to the cnc operator it tells me that it does have some open paths; how is that possible, and how can I fix it plz?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, apparently AI's check is based on its native data, not the exported version. You need to download an actual CAD program like Darftsight that will run as an unlimited DWG/ DXF viewer to verify the output and check for errors.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium, but I googled draftsight and it's kind of hard to find/download; is there another software that could do the same thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you  can  avail  yourself  of  a  30-day  free  trial  with  draftsight … good  luck!

https://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight-cad-software/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines