Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting Pantone to RGB

Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello friends,

I really need your help! I have designed a logo in Adobe Ilustrator CC 2020 consisting of 2 Pantone colors and I am having issues converting Pantone to the correct RGB values.

These are the steps I have taken:

1. The logo was originally made using CMYK mode with Pantone colors from the COLOR BRIDGE coated book. *The colors are PANTONE 2035 C and PANTONE 446 C
  2. I have changed the mode to RGB, so I could prepare the logo files for digital use.
  3. Then when I tried to add the RGB values to match the Pantones, an error message appeared (See ScreenShot for reference)  * Out of web color warning and Out of Gamut Color

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 21.22.37.png 

How do I fix these issues? Please advice!

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry about it for RGB.

It warns that the color cannot be printed with CMYK inks and that it does not fit in the limited (and obsolete) web color palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news 👍🏼 Im amazed of the quick and efficient responses! Thank you. So even if error messages show, I can still save the logo as it is without having to worry? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just make sure that your Edit menu > Color Settings have sRGB as the RGB working space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to bother you again, but Would you mind to show me a screenshot of this so I fully understand? 🙏

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is best to create an RGB document, select the Pantone color and convert it to RGB with these RGB working space color settings.

Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 23.15.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ton!

The problem of creating a document from scracth is that it would take me ages, as there are tons of logos, icons, etc, etc made for the client usage in CMYK. Thats the main reason I have converted the mode to RGB and saved the file with a different name. With that said, If I take a look at my converted RGB mode document Color Settings, it shows its on sRGB mode. Please take a look a look at the screenshots below:

My second concern is, it says the settings are for US, but I am based in Spain. Is that a problem? will it be sincronized with the Pantones?

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.09.12.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 10.16.55.pngAnd finally do I select Spot, Process or none?And finally do I select Spot, Process or none?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems OK if you convert the document to RGB and then convert the Pantone color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Try with this https://www.pantone.com/color-finder

And make the new swatches in a new RGB color Mode Document.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your answer, you are saying its better to create a new document with RGB mode directly, instead of converting colors from a CMYK document ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. You already have the RGB values.

Remember to keep a document for the printing side in CMYK and another file in RGB.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos!

Thank you, I will copy and paste the exact answer I have given to another expert from this community, as I also want to get your feedback please...

¨The problem of creating a document from scratch is that it would take me ages, as there are tons of logos, icons, etc, etc made for the client usage in CMYK. Thats the main reason I have converted the mode to RGB and saved the file with a different name. ¨

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines