• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy & Paste image creates an embeded version + Image not placed at 100%?

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have 2 questions.

1. Image not showing correct size in info pane?

I have placed an image in a document, without a clipping path it says it is at 100%

Image A.png

With a clipping path the same image placed the same way says it is in at 24%, why is that?

Image B.png

2. Copy and Paste image creates a duplicate and an embedded version

To create the above example I selected one of the images and then copy and pasted it, not only did another version apear but an embeded version did too? (This happens with either image being copied, clip or no clip and has happened with any other file I have tried it on)

Image C.png

I cannot select and delete the embeded version, well I can select it in the links palete but cannot delete it?
I  feel this is a setting in my Illustrator but cannot work out where?

Hopefully someone on here does.

Cheers

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q: I cannot select and delete the embeded version, well I can select it in the links palete but cannot delete it?

Answer: Select the “Selection Tool” double-click on object your now in “Isolation Mode”

Once in IM select the embedded image and delete/replace, etc.

(If Isolation Mode is not working, turn on in Preferences>General>Double Click To Isolation Mode

Other option which is more steps: OBJECT>Clipping Mask Release

Caution: Clipping Path turns to an Unpainted Object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mjbelt,

Thanks for your reply, however I realise that my 3rd screengrab (C) was missleading as the image selected was not the embedded one (that was the duplicate image and I had moved it down and left it selected). Sorry for the confusion.

When I select the embeded image in the links palete (see below) even if I click 'go to link' nothing happens, so I cannot select the embeded image.

Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 08.52.55.png

Strangely enough if I close the document and then open it again the embeded version is no longer in the links palate?!? 
(Not that I want to have to do that every time TBH)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines