• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste ignores lock?

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure this is a bug, but not sure why I am the only one that seems to be experiencing it. I have layers locked and when I select with the lasso, you can see the one sub layer I selected highlighted. Then I copy and paste...and why did it copy and and paste at least 9 other layers? things I never selected. Makes it difficult to work in AI now. Anyone else see this behavior? Windows 10, Wacom, and Nvidia RTX2080 all drivers updated.

Adobe?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I see that correctly you have just locked the clipping path, not the group.

Not everything in the layers panel is a layer. And when locking groups you have to be careful that you really lock the group, not just parts of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to not select the clipping path and just the line inside it...what i got was quite a lot of locked layers being selected and copied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click to the right on the layer object name on the radio button, to select the one object you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another example, why is this locked layer getting moved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further investigation reveals this is a known issue since atleast Nov 2020.

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/41865163-locked...

Use the selection tools instead and draw a frame, or try my earlier suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines