• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy and Paste Transparency issue

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I copy my illustration and its layers it removes the transparency. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 15.18.02.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same document?

If it is in another document, please check the color mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! So very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the screenshot, sorry but still not exactly following what you are copying and if the left or right is the before or after.

In any case you may be setting your transparency at the layer level and not the object level. If you select the items on a layer by clicking on the radio button, and then apply a permanency effect it applies to the flyer.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.28.31 AM.png

If you do not have paste remembers layers on, then you will paste onto a selected layer and the transparency affect can be gone.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.28.31 AM.png

You also have  have these 2 settings on. They could possibly cause this, but would need to knwo exactly who this was intended to be used and set up.

a.png

Might be easiest to post a sample using dropbox or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter if "Paste remembers layers" is turned on, the transparency will be gone after pasting, because settings applied to main layers will always be gone after pasting in new document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot suggests pasting into the same document, since I do not see multiple windows.

They seem to have an overabundance of layers, and the selected item shows 100% transparency, which leads me to make my guess over the other  possibilities this could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox - wbaMATCHDAYcs6.ai

Still can't work it out, dropbox file attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Monika Gause  points out the transparency is at the level of the layers.

Screenshot 2017-04-26 07.43.39.png

If you copy and paste in another document this attribute disappears.

My advice is: create a compound path (or a group) and apply the transparency to the object, not the layer.

In this particular layer (for example):

1. Click on the little dot next to the layer's name.
  2. Set the Opacity to 100%
  3. Select the shapes > Object > Compound Path > Make
  4. Set the Opacity to 40% (to the object)

Hope this works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou. This is work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you definitely have Opacity assigned to layers, rather than objects.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 8.53.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 8.55.18 AM.png

But not sure yet why when I copy and paste , and have paste remembers layers ON, that the document changes during paste. Will have to clean up, remove some layers and do some research on individual items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer Appearance settings are not remembered even when "Paste Remembers Layers" is turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was expecting the layer effects to hold because paste remembers layers was on and pasting into the same document, would make the items go into the original  layers they were copied from. The objects all paste into the same layer though when all the layers are the same name.

Knowing this I really think Illustrator should give an error when trying to create a new layer with the same exact name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was a little strange if I option dragged had no problem,. If I copied and pasted the problem happened.

Took a few minutes to take off effects on layers (the layers the have light gray radio buttons), and condense down to 3 layers. That fixed the problem.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 9.06.22 AM.png

http://files.kaleidoscopechicago.com/_qWYB-GK5nTPsJR

wbaMATCHDAYcs6-tidy.ai

781 KB

The URL will expire on May 26.

When you click on a radio button that selects the LAYER, so if you change opacity that is being assigned to the LAYER.

Notice the yellow post it note.You also can drag a radio button and transfer the LAYER effects from one to another (I actually did not know that, but good to know).

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 9.09.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I understand the strange part now, and why paste remembers layers appears to not work even though on. That happens when you have layers with the exact same name.

Thanks for your entertaining post, I actually learned 2 new things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou so much for this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines