Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy layer style in illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'd like to know how I can copy a layer style (effect, gradient.,,) of an object to another like in photoshop.

I tried eyedropper, but it only picks gradient not the effect.

thanx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2011 Nov 03, 2011

Set up the Layer with the effects you want and then highlight the Layer line in the Appearance panel. With the Layer highlighted, from the Graphic Styles panel flyout select New Graphic Style. Give it a name. You should get a new style that looks like this. This will apply the layer style to a new layer.

Screen shot 2011-11-03 at 1.04.05 PM.png

You will have to have a fill and stroke on the items on that layer for it to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click the eyedropper tool and edit the options to pick up all apprearance-attributes.

You can achieve this as well through the layer panel. Or create a graphic style

See manual for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have, but the eyedropper still doesn't pick up effects such as drop shaddow, inner glow,....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyedropper is a bit confusing. Perhaps you stumbled across the same confusion as described here:

Eyedropper confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up the Layer with the effects you want and then highlight the Layer line in the Appearance panel. With the Layer highlighted, from the Graphic Styles panel flyout select New Graphic Style. Give it a name. You should get a new style that looks like this. This will apply the layer style to a new layer.

Screen shot 2011-11-03 at 1.04.05 PM.png

You will have to have a fill and stroke on the items on that layer for it to show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. very helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there!

This worked for me 🙂 I'm not sure if it's exactly what you wanted is it?

https://youtu.be/4g1hDAKegw8?t=93

Full Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLALQuK1NDrgj2MPms5i6gMsQl9NlXXSR - - Watch more How to Use Adobe Illustrator videos: http://www.howcast.com/videos/513785-How-to-Copy-Appearance-Attributes-Adobe-Illustrator This is how to copy Appearance Attributes in Adobe Illustrator. So ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines