• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy/Paste Crashes Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am currently struggling with Illustrator crashing constantly. ctrl +c or Ctrl + v both do not work and crash the application without any information why. Also using the menu items (copy or paste) crash the application. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, cleaned CC, checked my fonts folder, removed preferences. Everything I find I have been trying with no luck. I also went down from the 2017 version to 2015.3 still no dice. This has been happening ~2 weeks so I removed anything in that time frame from my pc. Any other recommendations?

Running on a Windows 10 Dell Precision 5510 - Using an enterprise adobe id

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Hi chelseyl50310254 ,

Please let me know if you have any backup utility or backup software if so please uninstall them, also check if you can update  your windows 10 to the latest update, also please check if you have a software by the name of Digital Guardian, please let us know if uninstalling or updating that solves the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try manually removing the preferences or did you use the Control-Alt-Shift upon opening the program? If you have not manually removed the preferences they can be found at: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator [version number].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have removed them manually- still crashes. Also nothing optimizing the clipboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care:

Contact Customer Care

They can log into your computer to fix stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any extension installed in your system that enhances the clipboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chelseyl50310254 ,

Do you use Digital Guardian data prevention software on the machine? If yes, please try disabling the Digital Guardian. There will be 3 services that is associated with the application (Scan, security and vulnerability). Please disable and then restart and try to check if the application works.

You may also try restarting machine in safe mode and check if that works. Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chelseyl50310254 ,

Please let me know if you have any backup utility or backup software if so please uninstall them, also check if you can update  your windows 10 to the latest update, also please check if you have a software by the name of Digital Guardian, please let us know if uninstalling or updating that solves the issue for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it was the digital guardian that was causing the issue - I have since updated my digital guardian and now it is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi chelseyl50310254

Glad to know that everything sorted out.

Regards,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just had this same issue in 2020 (AI 2020), most current Windows 10 Build as of this date.

Did not have 'Digital Guardian' as far as I can tell, but I disabled Clipboard history in Windows Settings > Clipboard and that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue now and my clipboard history was already off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!! This solved my problem. I activated the history clipboard because I though it could be a nice windows feature but it totally crushed my copy/paste action in Illustrator. Once you deactivate the clipboard history all is working as expected!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open a new files, select all the things you wanted copy and drag using Alt to the new files(it will crashed for a while, just dont ust Ctrl C or Ctrl V). Then, select all your unused swatches and delete at the new file. You suppose able to copy and paste without crashed after this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines