Highlighted

Copy / Paste from Illustrator to Photoshop (newest updates) scaling issue

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with the latest updates to Illustrator and Photoshop. When copying a vector object from Illustrator and pasting into Photoshop, the file (clipboard) isn't accurate size...its actually 10%. A simple rectangle 96" x 44" will paste as 9.6" x 4.4" default 72 dpi. Before, "file new" would give the accurate dimensions with the default 72 dpi. Super annoying. Is there a fix here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copy / Paste from Illustrator to Photoshop (newest updates) scaling issue

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with the latest updates to Illustrator and Photoshop. When copying a vector object from Illustrator and pasting into Photoshop, the file (clipboard) isn't accurate size...its actually 10%. A simple rectangle 96" x 44" will paste as 9.6" x 4.4" default 72 dpi. Before, "file new" would give the accurate dimensions with the default 72 dpi. Super annoying. Is there a fix here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that a Large Canvas document?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

Not a large canvas for me, it was merely a random size for my example. I rutenely work in 1/4 or half scale do to the document size limits in Illy. I was excited about the new change and then discovered my issue.  I can open CS and copy and paste into PS...file / new and it gives me the exact dimensions of the selection I made and copied to clipboard. In the newest updates Illy / PS is changes the selection to 10%. Same situation when back saving as legacy. If I save a rather large document as legacy, upon opening it the document size has now changed to 10%.

this only happens when copying from Illustrator 2020 and pasting into any version of PS. 

**I'm talking about vector graphics...no placed images. I can simply create a rectangle and nothing more and it immediately changes to 10% of actual size.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0