• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy-Paste Illustrator to InDesign has changed behaviour after June2020-Updates

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the June2020-Updates copy-pasting an illustration (let's say a logo) from Illustrator to InDesign now results in NOT getting an editable graphic in InDesign. I now can no longer edit the colour or line stroke properties. A look inside the according settings page didn't help so far. — Any hints?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

PROBLEM SOLVED! 

I finally found it on InDesign's side: after the update in the preferences there was checked ON: »When pasting prefer PDF.« … which I always had OFF. … Was only searching on Illustrator's side before 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deebee170911,

try with a simple shape first. If that works proceed with complex objects.

Be aware that if the paths are too complex InDesign will generate a PDF-like object on the page.

If you copy/paste text a special EPS-Text-object will be created where you can change fill and strokes, but will not be able to edit otherwise.

That all said: Provide some sample documents.

The AI file, the INDD file after you pasted.

You can share that by Dropbox or a similar service.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PROBLEM SOLVED! 

I finally found it on InDesign's side: after the update in the preferences there was checked ON: »When pasting prefer PDF.« … which I always had OFF. … Was only searching on Illustrator's side before 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines