Highlighted

Copy & Paste not always working - randomly

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This is a very frustrating bug - around 50% of the times copy & paste won't work. I select an object, press ctrl+C, and then pressing ctrl+V produces nothing as if the clipboard is empty.

I cannot reproduce it as it seems random, sometimes it will copy & paste, sometimes it won't.

This makes working with Illustrator extremely hard.

Might be worth mentioning that copy-pasting from Illustrator into Photoshop resembles the same buggy behavior - it will randomly work or not.

Please advise on how to resolve this.

Cheers

Correct answer by satria03 | Community Beginner

wah... thank you sooo much!!! after all the methods I've tried, finally this "turning off the SVG option in Preferences" method can solve my "copy-paste Lag/Bug" problem in my Adobe Illustrator.

thankyu very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Copy & Paste not always working - randomly

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This is a very frustrating bug - around 50% of the times copy & paste won't work. I select an object, press ctrl+C, and then pressing ctrl+V produces nothing as if the clipboard is empty.

I cannot reproduce it as it seems random, sometimes it will copy & paste, sometimes it won't.

This makes working with Illustrator extremely hard.

Might be worth mentioning that copy-pasting from Illustrator into Photoshop resembles the same buggy behavior - it will randomly work or not.

Please advise on how to resolve this.

Cheers

Correct answer by satria03 | Community Beginner

wah... thank you sooo much!!! after all the methods I've tried, finally this "turning off the SVG option in Preferences" method can solve my "copy-paste Lag/Bug" problem in my Adobe Illustrator.

thankyu very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 03, 2019 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version and which system is this?

Is only the shortcut not working?

Do you have any clipboard enhancement installed in your system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator version: CC 23.0.1 (64-bit)

It's mainly the keyboard shortcut, as the copy-paste flyout menu seem to work with much better statistics (although occasionally will also perform with the same bug).

Nope, I have no clipboard enhancements.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 0
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this problem occur with all Adobe applications or just Illustrator?

Is it just objects? Or does it happen with text as well?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only with Illustrator. With Photoshop I have no such problems.

I just checked, it doesn't happen to text, Only to objects.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 0
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a different keyboard you can try?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have another keyboard, but I assume this might not be the issue, since copy-paste keyboard shortcuts work perfectly in other programs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 0
Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deleting Preference?

How to set preferences in Illustrator

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 03, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are having the same copy and paste issue on 5 systems (PC and Mac's). We have tried deleting the preferences, uninstalling and re-installing Illustrator 23.0.3 (64bit). We currently are using the couple of work arounds that other people have mentioned. eg. duplicate the object or drag n drop the object you want copied from a separate document.

Does anyone know if its been fixed?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2019 1
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evilspam  schrieb

Hi all,

We are having the same copy and paste issue on 5 systems (PC and Mac's). We have tried deleting the preferences, uninstalling and re-installing Illustrator 23.0.3 (64bit). We currently are using the couple of work arounds that other people have mentioned. eg. duplicate the object or drag n drop the object you want copied from a separate document.

Does anyone know if its been fixed?

Thanks

Are these old files or new ones?

Do you have any clipboard enhancements installed in the system?

Which other applications are running?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 26, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

No clipboard enhancements and the clipboard works with other applications fine. No other apps running other than outlook or Chrome opened.

I've read through various forums about this happening but there seems to be no real fix or no exact reason why it is happening. We have another 5 systems which all work fine so far.

Other things I've tried have been an uninstall, deleting the preference folders as advised on the threads. We've reinstalled a previous version of Illustrator (23.0.2) but also did the same thing. Anyways just seeing if anyone had found a fix.

Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and relaunch the computer, then run only Illustrator.

Browsers are known to interfere with a lot of things.

What exactly are you copying? Does it work with simple rectangles in a new file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a small video of what is happening. Computer has been restarted and no other programs are open. If anyone sees something I'm doing wrong please throw a brick at me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Is there any fix for that yet?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Same issue. Is there any fix for that yet?"

Which version, which system?

Is it just the shortcut not working, or also when using the menu?

Is it copy/Paste inside Illustrator or with different applications?

Do you have anything else running besides Illustrator?

There might be processes running in the background that interfere with the clipboard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0