Copy paste text but lost all transformations

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason the copy paste suddently stopped working. I am copying one object which is a Text transformed with functions and it shows like this in Appearance. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 1.37.17 AM.png

However the duplicated one lost all transformation and it's just like vectorized object and I can't edit it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 1.37.38 AM.png

Any idea?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you haven't shown your Layers panel, but my guess would be that somewhere in the process the type object was expanded, either by your action or some unknown event: the first Appearance panel shows Type, the second shows Group, which you would get if the type is expanded. If it's through your action, the remedy is "Don't"; if it's something else I think we need more information to dig deeper.

Peter

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how "Expand" operation was triggered. All what I did is copy paste. Either through shortcuts or from the menu.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it happen in other documents? Does it happen if you save/close/re-open the document? Close/re-open Illustrator? Shut down/reboot your computer?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines