Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying form Illustrator to Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently updated my Illustrator and Photoshop 2021 with the most recent updates.  Prior to this I was able to copy from Illustrator and post in Photoshop as smart objects or pixels and since the updates I cannot paste anything.  It keeps telling me that the file that I'm pasting "doesn't exist or is invalid".  I've reset all of my perferences and restarted as per some other feeds and it did nothing.  Still telling me that the field is empty/invalid.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  This dilema is hindering my time per project.

TOPICS
Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's working properly here. What OS are you running, and what are your Illustrator clipboard settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

Thank you for the quick response.

I am currently working on a MAC mini (just purchased the latest version about a month ago) and my "file handling & clipboard" preferences has everything as checked including AICB, PDF, Include SVG Code.

The only items that are not check are "Use low resolution proxy for linked EPS" and "Display Bitmaps as anti-aliased images in pixel preview".

After updating any preference, I shutdown Illustrator and Photoshop for the changes to take affect and I'm getting a big fat NO!  I did not have this problem prior to installing the updates from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been reported on the feedback forum. Please add your comments to here for the product developers:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/copy-from-ai-and-paste-in-ps-not-working/604b...

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds to me like the problems you're having may be related to the new Mac Mini that you bought. A quick Google search showed me that the latest Mac Mini contains Apple's new M1 chip rather than the older Intel chip. This new computer chip has caused problems for Creative Cloud users since most CC apps do not run natively on computers using the M1. Rather they are running through Apple's emulation software called Rosetta 2 which has not been a smooth ride. According to the information here: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html Illustrator is one of the programs which currently does not run natively. However, a beta version of Illustrator for the M1 is now available (see information here: https://www.macrumors.com/2021/04/04/adobe-illustrator-apple-silicon-beta/) if you're feeling adventurous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is quite strange.  I am able to copy and paste from Illustrator to Photoshop using the latest releases.

Are you using a Mac or PC?

One thing that I noticed.... if I ever have an issue with a program, I look to see if my computer is completely updated.  Usually, I will discover there is a new update.  After the update things tend to work again.  Just an idea worth trying to update your computer's operating system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines