• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying object from illustrator to paste in photoshop - hangs for ages - doesnt work

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator 23.1 and Photoshop 20.0.7

When ever I try and copy an object from illustrator, then Ctrl V it in Photoshop, Photoshop hangs, if i go back to Illustrator, that is also hanging, with a black screen.
After a while Illustrator comes back to life, but I still cant paste into Photoshop.

The only way I can get it to work sometimes, is to drag the shape from illustrator to photoshop, but again this hangs for ages.

I'm using fresh installs of the latest software, but was getting the same problem on previous versions.

Anyone else get this issue.

Cheers,
Lee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this issue:|

Try File>Place embedded....(ai file) – creates a "Smart object" automatically in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe ask over in the Photoshop forum if there are known issues with that operation? Since it's Photoshop that hangs, and not Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines