• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying/Pasting from Adobe Illustrator 2020 to Photoshop not working in macOS Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A simple copy & paste from illustrator to photoshop not working.

It shows an empty bounding box.

Scenario: all software – up-to-date, mac OS – 10.15.6, user – not happy.

RESOLVED (kind of) - artwork pasted from another AI file okay - cou;d be corrupt AI file.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for updating us with the solution. It could be a file specific issue. If you have this happening with multiple files, try resetting the Adobe Illustrator preferences. Hope this helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening again.

And, honestly I shouldn't have to reest prefs to fix this.AI-not-pasting-PSD.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is now a recurring issue.

Again, pasting from Ilustrator shows bounding with no contents.

AI-not-pasting-PSD.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and can't figure out a fix. Anyone have anything that actually fixes this issue? All software (Photoshop 23.1, Illustrator 26.0.2) is up to date, preferences reset.... help! This is driving me nuts and I can't get my work done. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. Empty bounding boxes when pasting to Photoshop. All software up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me too. Seems like it's been a recurring issue over many versions for the past few years. Think they would have done something about it by now.
I found that I can paste it into InDesign and then copy and paste it from InDesign into Photoshop. Kinda dumb, but at least this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @WayMagArt,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind trying to create a text box in Photoshop first and then pasting it from Illustrator to check if it helps? Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines