• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying Vector items from Illustrator to Photoshop

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having problems with copy/pasting from Illustrator 25.2.1 into Photoshop 22.3

I always get 

Could not complete the Paste command because the clipboard data is empty or invalid.

I'm on Mac mini (with M1 chip, 2020)

running MacOS BigSur 11.2.3

This is really frustrating.

Thank you for all the help.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Just to ask what might sound like a dumb question, have you checked Illustrator's preferences to see what kind of data it places on the clipboard? There is an outside chance Illustrator may not have SVG, PDF or AICB paths enabled to be copied onto the clipboard. You might want to experiment with the settings to see if anything changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Check/change the Illustrator clipboard settings. And, if you use File > Place in Photoshop, you'll be able to import your AI file as a Smart Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try to import Ai file in PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I've always added smart objects in layouts, with the new Mac Mini I have and the latest PS and AI, things are a bit messed up. I can't seem to find proper solutions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check/change the Illustrator clipboard settings. And, if you use File > Place in Photoshop, you'll be able to import your AI file as a Smart Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to ask what might sound like a dumb question, have you checked Illustrator's preferences to see what kind of data it places on the clipboard? There is an outside chance Illustrator may not have SVG, PDF or AICB paths enabled to be copied onto the clipboard. You might want to experiment with the settings to see if anything changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines