• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright infringement

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! Please tell me what to do if I posted a project in my profile, which I developed when I worked in the company (but it is completely mine), and my boss decided to appeal the rights to this project, what should I do?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Thank you for your answer.
Maybe you can see that text if you come into my profile.

https://www.behance.net/zhivaya97

Projects with backpacks and pencils.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should contact a lawyer. Projects you developed while being employed might be judged differently depending on your contract.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In many cases work done while employed is owned by the employer. But laws covering this may vary from place to place, and your rights may differ if you had an employment contract or you were direct-hire. Also, it's not clear what you mean by your boss deciding to "appeal the rights". Is he or she simply trying to stop you from displaying it in your portfolio, or is the action protective of future revenue connected to the work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked without any contract. She sent a notice to DMCA in Behance. Five of my projects have that text at the top: 
Copyright infringement warning

Because we received a DMCA notice about this project, we need to take down the content complained of unless we receive a valid counter-notice from you. 
https://www.behance.net/gallery/98220587/School-Backpacks-MILITARY for example
I sent a letter to Adobe too. But how can I remove that text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click that link, I get a "Page not found". So at the moment you don't need to worry about your reputation.

If you think that this DMCA was made wrongly, then you perhaps need to deal with your "employer" (or whatever status you both had). It doesn't help that there wasn't any contract. You possibly need to contact a lawyer in order to get that other person to revoke the DMCA.

Perhaps you should also contact the Behance team about it, but I doubt that they will do anything while there is a dispute unresolved. https://help.behance.net/hc/en-us

Next time you take such a position, you'd better make a contract about the status of the work you do there in order to prevent this kind of situation. This is very bad. I wish you all the luck you can have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.
Maybe you can see that text if you come into my profile.

https://www.behance.net/zhivaya97

Projects with backpacks and pencils.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your's answers.

Olena Shepeliuk name of my profile. That text is on the five projects (backpacks and pencils). How can I remove   Copyright infringement warning

Because we received a DMCA notice about this project, we need to take down the content complained of unless we receive a valid counter-notice from you. On top of the projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out the link to the Behance help I posted above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never had any employer or contracts with any of these subjects or any stuff posted by me it's done without my concent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, from here it looks as though perhaps you and she are no longer on good terms, and she intends to restrict you from displaying work you did while in her employ. While it's common for employers to allow it, she may be within her (the company's) legal rights to disallow it. As I mentioned, in many cases ownership of designer work output defaults to the employer, but laws may vary from place to place. So now you must decide whether it is worth your time, money, and effort to consult an attorney and ascertain your legal standing with respect to displaying that work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a boss I'm not employed by no on or I never gave authority to no one . I am even used for all allegations of licence to control my entity need help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help 5057372913 please call I'm need of getting my entity from !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines