Highlighted

correct layer sequence with objects

Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum.

I hope my question isn't too complicated, so here goes.

I have made lines going around in an ellipse shape. Then I do a release to sequence. Now the problem is, Illustrator isnt taking into consideration the correct numeric sequence from left to right. so each line is on a different layered number. So the most left black bar should be on layer one, then the second bar on layer 2, then the 3rd bard on later 3 and so on.  ( on the example Ive pointed out that black bar number 6 is on layer 3).

So whats the best way to get around this problem? because Im trying to export all these layers, in the correct order when I drag/drop them in the asset export panel.

Please dont tell me to manually correct the layers each one by one, because for the sake of this question I only did 9 black bars. What if there were 100 of them, It would be a tedious task to do each one manually.

thank you.

dfsfsffffffssff.jpg

It's ok I found a solution, I had to do it in reverse. So now Illustrator the layers and the black bars are in the correct order sequence.

The method I use is, I make a line, and then rotate it around an ellipse. but this time I did the rotation method in reverse.

So the black lines and layers are in the correct order.

solution12222.jpg

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

correct layer sequence with objects

Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forum.

I hope my question isn't too complicated, so here goes.

I have made lines going around in an ellipse shape. Then I do a release to sequence. Now the problem is, Illustrator isnt taking into consideration the correct numeric sequence from left to right. so each line is on a different layered number. So the most left black bar should be on layer one, then the second bar on layer 2, then the 3rd bard on later 3 and so on.  ( on the example Ive pointed out that black bar number 6 is on layer 3).

So whats the best way to get around this problem? because Im trying to export all these layers, in the correct order when I drag/drop them in the asset export panel.

Please dont tell me to manually correct the layers each one by one, because for the sake of this question I only did 9 black bars. What if there were 100 of them, It would be a tedious task to do each one manually.

thank you.

dfsfsffffffssff.jpg

It's ok I found a solution, I had to do it in reverse. So now Illustrator the layers and the black bars are in the correct order sequence.

The method I use is, I make a line, and then rotate it around an ellipse. but this time I did the rotation method in reverse.

solution12222.jpg

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how did you create the ticks in teh first place? Simply using a different method may already solve the issue, but without knowing what you actually did of course nobody can know.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solution12222.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines