• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not pinch to zoom in/out on Surface pro trackpad

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can pinch to zoom in/out in Photoshop and Illustrator on touch screen of Surface pro, but could not done by trackpad on keyboard (surface type cover), while other software like web browser or office works totally fine. And one know how to solve it?

Thanks! !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you provide the technical specifications for your Surface?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I'm using surface pro 4 with i7 model and working on lasted version of Adobe creative cloud. So I got this issue for many years.

I have seen the same question on Surface products in other discussion threads but it seems that no one got the answers, and I can't find the discussion thread now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure GPU acceleration is active. To wound him, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Performance -> nd make sure GPU Performance is activated.

However, I leave you with an old discussion similar to your problem. Keep us updated if the problem has been solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi italosan,

Sorry for the late reply, my GPU performance was activated. And my problem is different to the old discussion you shared, I can do all the gestures on touch screen but can only do scrolling on trackpad of the SurfacePro4. No zooming, no rotating with 2 fingers.

Any other possible settings can help?

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi italosan,

I think I found the answer, it's just because PS and AI are not supporting trackpad on Windows devices while macbook works totally fine.

And Adobe Xd does support trackpad gestures. I hope Adobe could take this issue seriously since many creators are working on Surface or other powerful Windows laptop, and the trackpad on those devices are as good as macbook.

Thanks again.

Ref:

[Windows] Pinch gestures and two-finger pan may not work on trackpads (J35123) – Adobe XD Feedback :...

Adobe Customer Care on Twitter: "I got feedback from PS engineering that it wasn't designed to work ...

Pinch to Zoom not working on Surface Book 2 Track Pad, works on touchscreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you so much for sharing a possible answer. However, we leave the discussion open, and the case in which some other user may share his solution or opinion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey italosan,

I am encountering the same issue now. I don't know if you are the right address to point this to, but having Adobe support the Surface products (I am using Surface Book 3) would be very great. Maybe this comment can contribute to the importance of the matter.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my Surface Laptop 2 (new, latest version of Illustrator) I can pinch/zoom on the touchscreen but not the track pad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines