• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Couldn't delete Anchor Points in Illustrator.

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I delete anchor points? Is there a fix for this? I read about installing older versions and I tried that. Still doesn't work. How on earth can you have a problem with one of the most basic tools in AI?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I would request if you could share the details asked by Monika and Jacob. You may also refer to this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMCn1QXrN8U).

Let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

Are you clicking them with the Delete Anchor Point Tool, or what happens if you do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why can't I delete anchor points? Is there a fix for this? I read about installing older versions and I tried that. Still doesn't work. How on earth can you have a problem with one of the most basic tools in AI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the exact version and the system.

Please tell us step by step what you are trying to do.

Please show a screenshot of the object with layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I would request if you could share the details asked by Monika and Jacob. You may also refer to this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMCn1QXrN8U).

Let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance. We'd be happy to help. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines