Highlighted

Couldn't drag and duplicate the Artboard in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for a long time and I cant figure it out. When i do option, click and drag it just moved the original cardboard. Please help this has been a pain in the bum lol.

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Did you try to reset your Preferences?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-reset-illustrator-preferences/td-p/10602277?page=1

or by clicking the Reset Preferences button in the Preferences

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Couldn't drag and duplicate the Artboard in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this issue for a long time and I cant figure it out. When i do option, click and drag it just moved the original cardboard. Please help this has been a pain in the bum lol.

{Renamed by MOD}

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-reset-illustrator-preferences/td-p/10602277?page=1

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First press Shift + O, this activates the artboard tool and then try to duplicate, by pressing option key(mac) and drag.

If still not works, let us know.

Best regards

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done but still doesn't duplicate it!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Illustrator version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. Along with the question asked by Ton, could you please confirm which Operating system you are working on? Is the issue related to a specific document? Does it work on a new document?

When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

We’re here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I am using Illustrator 2020 version 24.1.2. I think it started happening when I upgraded to the 2020 version 24. It's not document specific. It happens on all documents. I have attached a Video below just to make sure we are on the same page with the issue!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue and it's driving me crazy! It's been happening since the last update in the Creative Cloud for Illustrator. At first, I thought it was the age of my computer. I just got a brand new Macbook though and it's still doing it. I will try this preference reset. Adobe, please fix this bug from the last update!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 22, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! And it's running much faster too I might add. Thanks very much 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that helped.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing the preference reset did not work at all for me. I still cannot duplicate artboards. It just moves the artboard instead of duplicating it. Any other ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph, 

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • Is the issue related to a specific document?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

We're here to help, just need more info. 

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS Catalina 10.15.5

Illustrator's most recent version 24.1.3

It's happening on multiple documents I am working with.

It started right after I updated the last CC update for Illustrator.

No changes to my system other than a brand new computer. It was happening on my old Mac laptop and now again on my brand new one (have had it a week). I had hoped the issue was my old computer but still happening on my new one.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video that Brett posted above is the exact same thing happening to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the detail. Please try these steps and share your observations:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I reset my Preferences ?

Kodi nox

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about this issue. You may try these steps to reset preferences:

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

For Windows 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Regards!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 0
Resources