• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crash report on illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get this crash report every time i try to open a new workfile or any file on illustrator.

no metter what i did withe the window (send a report or didnt send) it still shuts down illustrator

i tried to update the app and even uninstall the app and reinstall it but nothing changed.

cant work on illustrator all day (yesterday it workd normaly) all the other adobe apps are working fine (photoshpe and other)

is there something i can do??

calcalitlod_0-1591780333803.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help. Would you mind sharing version of OS & Illustrator?

I agree with Monika & Larry, please check about the default printer and see if it helps.

If it doesn't, I would request if you can try the following steps and share your observation:  

1. Reset Preferences:  

-Close all Adobe applications.  

-Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  

-Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Il

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a printer installed, set up as efault printer and turned on?

If not, try and set up a PDF printer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wait, seriously? not having a printer installed causes illustrator to crash????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, what Monika says is true. Been that way since the beginning. AI writes printer info into the file and needs a printer visible to compare the info in the file to what's available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hqdefault

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. We'll be happy to help. Would you mind sharing version of OS & Illustrator?

I agree with Monika & Larry, please check about the default printer and see if it helps.

If it doesn't, I would request if you can try the following steps and share your observation:  

1. Reset Preferences:  

-Close all Adobe applications.  

-Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  

-Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old  

-Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.  

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

1. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator. 

1.  If that doesn't help either, login to Hidden Admin account (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3s&t=53s). Check how the application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html 

1. If nothing helps, then we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way. 

Hope it helps. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It worked!!!!

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines