Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashing when saving with gradients included

New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

my illustrator file is crashing everytime I try to save a file that contains freeform gradients. I've tried everything but seems to be corrupt and I lost the work progress of hours and most likely lost a job because of this. I've got the latest version of Illustrator and my PC is powerful so that shouldn't be a problem.
Please, fix this asap.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us the version number and tell us exactly what do you save exactly where?

And this doesn't happen when there is no freeform gradient?

And also: please give us the system and hardware specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this just one AI file that is crashing and not other files containing Freeform Gradients?

Have you tried saving as PDF instead of AI, just to see if it works? Or maybe you can export it as a pixel image

just so you have your work saved in some format.

Have you tried expanding the object containing the Freeform Gradient to see if that works?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved by now. Suggestions given by Jeff should help.

If you still have issues, please share more information about it as asked in earlier responses. Additionally, you may follow the suggestions given on this community post. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines