Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a moving mask

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings to everyone. 

I would like to know how can I do a moving mask on a layer. For exemple, if the screem format is square, a square mask, convering the entire format to decrease little  by little, and showing the image that is in the layer below. If somebody can help me, I will be very, very grateful. Thank you so much!!! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Thank you so much for your help and your time. I am very grateful. I have used the mask in movement and all is ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean you want to animate this? In Illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I have been able to solved it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to create an animation you can do that in After Effects or make a screenrecording while changing the size of the mask with the arrow keys in the Transform panel.

Create a new top layer and draw a rectangle.

01.png

In the Layers panel menu with the rectangle selected choose Create Clipping Mask.

Shift select the underlying layers and move them below the clipping mask rectangle.

02.png

With the rectangle still selected, you can change the Width and Height in the Transform panel, using the up and down arrow keys. 

03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for your help and your time. I am very grateful. I have used the mask in movement and all is ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines