Highlighted

Create brush from shape made by clipping mask

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a shape from a clipping mask that I would like to turn into a brush, but because the shape came from the side, not the middle, of the original photo, the brushstrokes end up far away from where I actually put the pencil, as you can see in the attached photo.  Is there any way to change the piece of the clipping mask into a standalone shape so it doesn't do this?  Or is there any other way to fix this?  Thanks so much for any help!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create brush from shape made by clipping mask

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a shape from a clipping mask that I would like to turn into a brush, but because the shape came from the side, not the middle, of the original photo, the brushstrokes end up far away from where I actually put the pencil, as you can see in the attached photo.  Is there any way to change the piece of the clipping mask into a standalone shape so it doesn't do this?  Or is there any other way to fix this?  Thanks so much for any help!

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elizabeth,

As I (mis)understand it, and hopefully within the limits of allowable craziness, there is the dirty destructive deed, with the Clipping Mask selected (exact way depending on version):

1) In the Transparency palette/panel dropdown list select anything but Normal (Multiply is fine; this step may be unneeded in your version, you may try without it);
2) Object/Edit>Flatten Transparency, just keep the defaults including 100% Vector;
3) Shudder (optional, unless unavoidable).

This will crop everything to the Clipping Path (or to its Bounding Box in case of raster images).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1
Resources