• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Image representing stack of Indesign pages in Illustrator

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a document in Indesign and would like to create an image like the one shown below with my pages.  Could somebody tell me how it's done or point me to a tutorial / Youtube video that explains how to do this.
I suppose I don't know which keywords to search by as I don't find anything.

Thanks.

wapititravel_0-1589267904177.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

You could export the pages in InDesign as images (jpeg, png) and stack them in Photoshop or Illustrator with a dropshadow effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

(You could just create it in indesign!)

In InDesign export your document(s) as PDF.

In Illustrator press go to File>Place.

In the Place window make sure the 'Options' (bottom left) are diplayed and tick 'Show Import Options'.

Navigate to your exported PDF and click Place. A Place PDF dialogue will appear allowing you to choose the PDF page you want to place.

Hit OK.

You will now see a loaded cursor. Click and drag diagonally to place your PDF page.

Select the rectangle tool and drag over your placed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could export the pages in InDesign as images (jpeg, png) and stack them in Photoshop or Illustrator with a dropshadow effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(You could just create it in indesign!)

In InDesign export your document(s) as PDF.

In Illustrator press go to File>Place.

In the Place window make sure the 'Options' (bottom left) are diplayed and tick 'Show Import Options'.

Navigate to your exported PDF and click Place. A Place PDF dialogue will appear allowing you to choose the PDF page you want to place.

Hit OK.

You will now see a loaded cursor. Click and drag diagonally to place your PDF page.

Select the rectangle tool and drag over your placed image to the crop you would like. Select the rectangle and the image. Right click and choose 'Make Clipping Mask'.

Use the direct select tool to adjust if required.

Create another rectangle any size and choose the gradient tool (G) and fill with gradient to taste. 

With gradient filled rectangle selected click on 'Opacity' to the top or 'appearance' menu and change 'normal' to 'multiply' on the drop down.

Position your gradient rectangle to the left of your clipped image to look like a shadow.

Group the shadow and image together and option+shift+drag to the right to position the copy. 

Then command+D to duplicate as many times as you like.

To change the PDF image shown: 

Open the 'links' menu under 'window'. Click on the little chain icon to 'Relink'. This will take you back tho the location of your PDF choose the same PDF if it's multpage or another file if not.

Then, again, making sure the 'options' are showing choose you PDF page and the link will update in Illustrator.

Repeat for your other 'pages' and you're done!

Quicker to do than to write out!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for the very detailed reply.  That helped me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines