Create Knockout Through All Layers

New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have created the following in Photoshop

Untitled-1.png

The 2 and the 3 are not white, however transparent through all layers. I would like to create the same funcationality using Illustrator. I was using pathfinder to knockout the sunglasses and it worked except I can't figure out how to also knockout the background layer, in addition to the sunglasses.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Create Knockout Through All Layers

New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 

I have created the following in Photoshop

Untitled-1.png

The 2 and the 3 are not white, however transparent through all layers. I would like to create the same funcationality using Illustrator. I was using pathfinder to knockout the sunglasses and it worked except I can't figure out how to also knockout the background layer, in addition to the sunglasses.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Illustrator are you using?

That's what you call the background layer is a raster image, isn't it? In that case you would have to use an opacity mask instead of Pathfinder operations.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am using AI version 24.1 

It is a raster image, how should i go about using the opacity mask?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 10, 2020 0