• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create new object from visible art

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have received an art that is black/white only. Since it is very complex and there are no compound paths (instead of that there are only white shaped layer that cover some parts), I was wondering if there is any quick way that I can export everything that is visible (not white) and create new object from it?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

I'm not sure what you were doing differently, or if this is perhaps not the outcome you wanted, but Pathfinder > Merge, then delete the white:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 183041.pngScreenshot 2021-01-14 183107.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

black-white.jpgI cannot show you the exact artwork since there is not published yet, but there is something I create as a test which is made the same way. There is a black circle, on top is white circle, then black stars, some white stars and black stars again, white rounded rectangle, black rectangle on top and then white rhombus on top.

So, is there any easy way to just make compound path (or a group of paths) of everything that is visible black?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all, then Object > Path > Outline Stroke

Pathfinder > Merge

Select white area, then Select > Same > Fill Colour

Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no stroke so this wouldn't work. Anyway, merging and deleting won't get the wanted result either, because white area is where the black needs to be either. Anyway, no hard to try, so the result I get is here:

I guess I will have to take my time and work with every single object 😕test_black_white_wrong1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share your demo file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download it here (don't know how to upload it directly). Anyway, I'm on my way to make it step-by-step (I need this for print contour), no harm feelings. If you could solve this, I will appreciate it for future problems. It's not the first time I will see this usefull but it is first time that I get more complex file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you were doing differently, or if this is perhaps not the outcome you wanted, but Pathfinder > Merge, then delete the white:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 183041.pngScreenshot 2021-01-14 183107.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, this is it. I feel so stupid now. I was using Merge option for years but never for that stuff, something happen and I somehow changed it with Unite. So that is why it didn't work for me, now everything seems fine. Again thanks for your help, I really appreciate it even if it's a dumb question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines