• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Outline is grayed out on all files

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what happened, but I can no longer create outlines on any shapes.  I'm trying to thin the lines on icons such as this one (.ai, .eps, and .svg files) and I don't have the option to create outlines in the menu and the key shortcut doesn't do anything.  I've tried a couple things I've seen on the forums: expand, flatten transparency, clear preferences, path>outline path, and nothing happens.  I've only used this feature once before by following a tutorial online and didn't have any trouble that time, so am not sure if it's a noob mistake or I've bugged my program somehow.

TOPICS
Bug , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

'Create outlines' is an option for type objects. You have a group selected. If the heart is a single filled compound path and you want to make it thinner, try Object > Path > Offset Path, with a negative value.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Create outlines' is an option for type objects. You have a group selected. If the heart is a single filled compound path and you want to make it thinner, try Object > Path > Offset Path, with a negative value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to what Doug suggested, please check out this help article to know how to create outlines in Adobe Illustrator. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines