• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a Pattern Brush Difficulty

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying endlessly to create a linked custom chain pattern brush. I have gotten all the necessary steps done to create a pattern brush. I have placed the both of the chain links (the one with, and the one without the repeating box) in my swatch panel as new pattern swatches. For some reason when I attempt to create a new pattern brush with those pattern swatches they do not show up in the boxes for where they would be placed. Please help!!! Thank you! 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Hmmm. That is unusual. All I can suggest is some general troubleshooting.

Make sure you have the most current version of Illustrator CC 2020 -- version 24.1.1 (If you are using Illustrator CS6, there is no dropdown option in that version.)

Reset preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Uninstall/reinstall using Adobe CC Cleaner tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show something? I'm not sure I understand your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the pattern swatch show up in your Swatches panel?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the pattern Swatch shows up in the Swatch Panel they just dont show up in the Boxes when creating a Pattern Brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. That is unusual. All I can suggest is some general troubleshooting.

Make sure you have the most current version of Illustrator CC 2020 -- version 24.1.1 (If you are using Illustrator CS6, there is no dropdown option in that version.)

Reset preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Uninstall/reinstall using Adobe CC Cleaner tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please show something?

What exactly is your pattern made  of?

You don't habe to make a pattern first. You can make the brush directly from the artwork. Please show what you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines