Highlighted

Creating gradient in personal Type

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I just used my pen tool to type a word in my own way I want to make it in a gradient. 

When i add the gradient. it addds but to each individual word. I have tried clipping masks with the gradient behind it but that just seems to make everything dissapear or it colours in loops I have within the text. 

Any ideas? help?

Thankyou! 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Creating gradient in personal Type

New Here ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I just used my pen tool to type a word in my own way I want to make it in a gradient. 

When i add the gradient. it addds but to each individual word. I have tried clipping masks with the gradient behind it but that just seems to make everything dissapear or it colours in loops I have within the text. 

Any ideas? help?

Thankyou! 

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answering  why you have got stuck when trying a clipping mask over several paths. The top or last path will be the clipping path, thus, before trying that, select all the paths and Make a Compound Path (Ctrl/Cmd+8), and now create a Clippng Mask.

From the beginning:

1. You can -unify gradients-, select all the letters and apply the gradient, it will show -separately- on each shape, well while they are kept selected, choose the Gradient Tool and drag it across them in the direction you prefer. The gradient will be applied to all pen drawn letters from on side acroos them or from a center point, to the other letters.

2. Another way to do it is select all the paths, Create a Compund Path (Object menu) all the paths act as combined, compound, path. click on the gradient you have adjusted. Using the Gradient Tool you can readjust direction, extension,....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chiara,

As I (mis)understand it, you can do it reversibly/fully editably if you create a rectangle behind the words with the desired gradient, then (presuming black letters) select everything and in the Transparency palette (flyout) click Make (Opacity) Mask with both Clip and Invert Mask ticked (in the main Transparency palette).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salut!

Tu as écrit outil plume (pen tool)

Je propose une solution parmi d'autres :

renél80416020_0-1590252382424.png

de elleere

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine, but I think the goal is to offer firstly, the most common and straight ( and simple) answer or answers 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 25, 2020 0
Resources