• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating legends for maps

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help me create a legend for a map of the USA?  I look forward to any help... best regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please state which Adobe program you are asking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Illustrator.  Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved... To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of legend exactly do you need?

What kind of maps exactly is this?

Do you need this task somewhat automated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a map of the United States.  I am filling colors in certain states.  I need to have a legend at the bottom of the map explaining what the specific color of the state represents.  There are several states with the same color - so, the legend at the bottom of the map will identify the status of the state depending on the color of that state.  I hope I have explained this correctly and look for any help I can receive.  Best regards.

P.S.  The outline of states is one layer; the color for each state is another layer; and the text (state name) is a third layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legend = list of explanation of colors in the map.  States have different colorts.  Legend should be part of the overall graphic.

Digital Vector Map of the United States (color)

Does not need to be automated.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But what is the problem?

Should be as simple as drawing a rectangle and applying a fill and then putting a text beside it.

So please can you be a little more precise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines