• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating lines that fit together

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm curious if there is a way to make curved lines fit together more snugly - with the same amount of space between then at the bend? I've included a picture below. When I curve the edges, they just don't fit flush. Any ideas? Would be so helpful.

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 3.52.05 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

To maintain the spacing around a curve, geometry requires that the radii increase as the path moves away from the center: as the outside of the bend has a larger radius than the inside, a path further outside must have a correspondingly larger radius. Carlos's method, which I have used here, is easy and precise, but it can be accomplished with native Illustrator tools such as the Corner Widgets by selecting and adjusting each path. As with most things in Illustrator, there are certainly other po

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add more strokes to the same object in the Appearance panel and use the Path > Offset Path... effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

With AG Offset from Astute Graphics, you have more control over the offset path and it works con open paths.
Please check this video.

And the web https://astutegraphics.com/plugins/stylism

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To maintain the spacing around a curve, geometry requires that the radii increase as the path moves away from the center: as the outside of the bend has a larger radius than the inside, a path further outside must have a correspondingly larger radius. Carlos's method, which I have used here, is easy and precise, but it can be accomplished with native Illustrator tools such as the Corner Widgets by selecting and adjusting each path. As with most things in Illustrator, there are certainly other possibilities.

tromboniator_2-1613975496628.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines