• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CREATING OUTLINES

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to create outlines from my text, it looks like this. It was never like this before. Did I accidentally click a setting? How do I make it so that the outlines get created normally, with no sparse areas in my text?

Screenshot (3).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

There were many posts like this lately.

It seems that the GPU Preview is the problem.

Try switching between GPU and CPU: Ctrl E

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really strange, I've only seen that in vector tracing of bad photocopies. You typed this source into AI yourself and then used the create outlines feature? Can you share an outline view (CMD Y) to see how it's converting the paths?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! It was done just from a text in illustrator. The below comment, switching between GPU and CPU fixed the issue. Thank you for the reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mark Ton's answer as correct, so people will know your question has be answered. Thanks! Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were many posts like this lately.

It seems that the GPU Preview is the problem.

Try switching between GPU and CPU: Ctrl E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much! It worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is fixed by Intel in their latest driver update (15.46.02.4729 - released on 11 JUL 2017 ) available at - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26941/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-46-?pr...

This update cannot show up driver search, as it might take some time for Microsoft to get it integrated in their Surface Pro driver updates. Microsoft prevents installing driver directly from Intel if you try the installer directly, however latest driver from Intel can be installed with steps listed in section "Update video adapter device drivers" > "Intel (Surface Pro devices)" in below link

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/illustrator-gpu-performance-driver-update.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines