Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Text for embroidery - requirements please help

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have never used Adobe Illustrator - I am more familiar with Photoshop.

I want to make some designs for Hats - to be embroidered by a printing company - they have lots of requirements and I need help please.

I just want to use text but it has to be a certain heigh and width etc.....and I don't know how to do it in Adobe Illustrator.

In this video https://youtu.be/aEfsyYe26Zg?t=158 they explain how to edit the text WILD for 3D puff emboridery but I don't know how they are manipulating the text, they seem to stretch it to increase size but you can't do that with Text?

Can somebody help me - I want the text: EDTECH big stretching as big as possible and then smaller below the words: Vault

If someone can help and provide me with the file and how to do it I would be SO grateful!

It's not letting me upload the .ai file - here is a link: Printful template

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

In the Character panel menu, choose Show Options.

image.png

You will see settings for changing height and width of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Jose,

To see the actual height/width of the actual letters, you can tick Use Preview Bounds in the General Preferences, and then you can set the desired H (and W if needed) value(s) in the Transform palette; you can hold Ctrl/Cmd+Enter to keep proportions.

Remember to untick Use Preview Bounds afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Character panel menu, choose Show Options.

image.png

You will see settings for changing height and width of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, would it be possible for a little more help? Or a link to a video tutorial?

It says how to export only outlines etc.....I don't understand....

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jose,

To see the actual height/width of the actual letters, you can tick Use Preview Bounds in the General Preferences, and then you can set the desired H (and W if needed) value(s) in the Transform palette; you can hold Ctrl/Cmd+Enter to keep proportions.

Remember to untick Use Preview Bounds afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also faced a new experience of embroidering hat designs in Adobe Illustrator and successfully done it after watching YouTube Tutorials. But I am facing the Text Height and Width changing issue. Thanks to this post that helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did embroidery digitizing for a long time.  Embroidery software is vector-based, like Illustrator.  You're probably going to have to set up embroidery files in Illustrator.  I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines