Highlighted

Crop tool leaves large white edges

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to crop a simple rectangle using the Illustrator crop tool and I cannot crop it to the size I want without getting a white border appearing on at least one edge. If I try to crop out the white border it just appears again. I think the issue was already brought up elsewhere, but has not been properly addressed or resolved. See here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/last-update-broke-crop-image/m-p/11412389?page=1#M243315

and here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/appearing-white-line-when-using-crop-image/m-p/9016209?pa...

I am using Illustrator 2020 24.2.3 but this seems to have been an issue in previous versions as well. What is going on?

crrop.PNG

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Crop tool leaves large white edges

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to crop a simple rectangle using the Illustrator crop tool and I cannot crop it to the size I want without getting a white border appearing on at least one edge. If I try to crop out the white border it just appears again. I think the issue was already brought up elsewhere, but has not been properly addressed or resolved. See here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/last-update-broke-crop-image/m-p/11412389?page=1#M243315

and here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/appearing-white-line-when-using-crop-image/m-p/9016209?pa...

I am using Illustrator 2020 24.2.3 but this seems to have been an issue in previous versions as well. What is going on?

crrop.PNG

TOPICS
Bug, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you trying to crop, a linked or placed image?

What is the zoomlevel you are using in your image?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an image copied out of a placed PDF after embedding. I am working at around 300% zoom.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues you relinked were about a single visible white pixel, what you show looks like more. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it does seem to be more than one pixel. Do you have suggestions about how to solve the issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot replicate that.

Did you try to uncheck "Enable Content Aware Defaults" in the general Preferences?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem still happened with that option unchecked.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0