• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 Illustrator Download - MacBook Pro 2012 High Sierra?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a registered owner of the CS4 Design Standard Suite and I have been experiencing major issues with my CS4 Illustrator just closing down on me on my MacBook Pro Retina 2012 running High Sierra, everything works fine on my 2011 iMac Desktop running same OS? Is it possible to get a download of this version (I have searched the forum and any links to downloads are not working or state I am not authorized). Please help as I am under an extreme deadline and need to get this working on my MacBook Pro Thanks in advance!

George Marsh

Williamsburg, Va

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

It says your system does not support it. THere's nothing about serial numbers in this error. It's not compatible.

Illustrator CS4 is a 32 bit application. And this is what happens to 32 bit applications: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Displays Warnings When Opening 32-Bit Apps as Part of Apple's Phase Out Plan - Mac Rumors

To repeat what I said earlier: It. Is. Not. Compatible. With. your. System.

Upgrading to High Sierra was your mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Sierra and CS4 are not (fully) compatible. Might or might not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understand that..however I would like to try to do a clean install just to see...as I stated its running fine on same OS as my Desktop???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The downloads should be here:

Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) products

I still don't understand why people rush to High Sierra.

Yosemite ist just starting to become usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika

Thanks so much I usually hesitate before updating to next OS but I needed it for something else unrelated to my Adobe Platform : ( Can you tell me what I am doing wrong I have downloaded the file double click on the ADBESTPPCS4dmg for the Adobe Creative Standard Suite and I assume I need to click on the Setup yet I get this error  message? I also downloaded the stand alone Illustrator CS4 file and same thing?

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 7.54.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You triggered the nanny. Apple considers you a threat to your own computer. You might try if this helps: https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-open-mac-app-from-unidentified-developer-3669596/

CS4 was never made for this. As I said: it might or might not work.

For me Yosemite is just getting usable. I have Sierra on one of my machines and I'm already fed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frustrating that helped and got me further trying to install the Create Design Standard Suite however I am getting the following error

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 9.51.00 PM.png

Yet I can install the stand alone Illustrator CS4 and get to the Serial Number screen however it will not let me use the Serial Number of my Creative Suite? If I own a registered Creative Suite which Included Illustrator CS4 I can not just install Illustrator CS4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says your system does not support it. THere's nothing about serial numbers in this error. It's not compatible.

Illustrator CS4 is a 32 bit application. And this is what happens to 32 bit applications: macOS High Sierra 10.13.4 Displays Warnings When Opening 32-Bit Apps as Part of Apple's Phase Out Pl...

To repeat what I said earlier: It. Is. Not. Compatible. With. your. System.

Upgrading to High Sierra was your mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note the words “file system” in the message. This is key. It’s not complaining about the system. Fixing this will mean reformatting the disk and reinstalling the system. Probably the other conputer has an file system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the fact it appears the Creative Suite Standard as a whole appears to be incompatible with the High Sierra, however I downloaded the stand alone CS$ Illustrator (This is what I uninstalled from my Creative Suite as Photoshop, Indesign, and DreamWeaver all are still working fine) when I installed the stand alone it went through the whole install and got to the point it was asking for a Serial Number it would not accept my Creative Suite Standard SS# is there a way to get a serial number just for the CS4 Illustrator as it appears its going to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you cannot install the separate product. You have a license for the suite and so you must use the Suite installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines