• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS4 illustrator installation HELP

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get CS4 Illustrator to open on my old Mac (OS El Capitan). The message i get is....The localized resource files for this application could not be loaded. Please reinstall or repair the application and try again. 

When it was done installing Application Disc 1, it prompted me for Disc 2 but wouldn't let me remove Disc 1 because it said it was in use. So I'm wondering if the installation of Disc 1 was not completed properly ( The resource folder seems to be part of Disc 1).

Can someone please help me. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Your system is not suitable for CS4 anymore. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Some people might have got it to run, but they probably used the downloaded installer, which is not available anymore. Maybe you have more luck when you turn that disk into a virtual disk, but basically you're on your own there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your system is not suitable for CS4 anymore. https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Some people might have got it to run, but they probably used the downloaded installer, which is not available anymore. Maybe you have more luck when you turn that disk into a virtual disk, but basically you're on your own there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines