• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 anyway to contain floating document windows?

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been using CS4 for a loooooong time. I have CS6, but always avoid using it, as I work with lots of files at once and prefer to be able to drag each document around within whatever app I'm using, mostly Fireworks and illustrator. If I move a document within CS6, I get another window in my Windows taskbar. After a few minutes, my taskbar is full of CS6 documents.

I've looked hard and can't find 1, but is there a way to stop all these documents apearing in my taskbar? The way I work; it's almost unusable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the options under Window Menu>Arrange not do what you want?

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Nope, I tried all the options there. Grouping helps a little though.

I added a screengrab of my taskbar (windows.jpg), which may explain the problem a little better.

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unable to find a solution to this.

I sometimes work with 10 iamges at once, and need to see them all at the same time, which is impossible with CS6.

Also, when I drag one document/image around, the taskbar icon for that particular one vanishes until I let go, which makes it re-appear again - constantly resizing all other apps in the taskbar.

This is aweful functionality and I find myself going back to ancient versions Adobe apps and also find myself drifting to alternative brands, you knwo the ones I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Window menu > Application frame turned off.

Window menu > Arrange > Tile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines