• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 error: Unable to set maximum number of files to be opened.

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really need to help resolving this issue. I am running OS X Yosemite. 10.10.5 All of the sudden my CS6 illustrator is giving me this error when I try to open it. All of my other creative suite apps are working fine.

Adobe support would not help because the app has been discontinued.

I really need help. This is my main tool at my small business so it is a big problem for me.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and nothing. Still get the same error.

I appreciate any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check this post and let us know if it works for you

"unable to set maximum number of files to be opened"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos..thanks for the message. But nothing in this thread worked. I did remember that I installed the software anydesk and then my illustrator stopped working. Reading how some other users removed some other softwares and illustrator came back to life, I went ahead and removed all files related to Anydesk and my illustrator is opening again.

Thank god because this is my main work tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have been struggling with this for awhile. Uninstalling Anydesk fixed the issue (deleted the app, emptied trash, and restarted). Illustrator CS6 is back working with High Sierra!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

removing Anydesk and rebooting Mac after that helped me too on OS X El Capitan, thank you! 

Anydesk can be used but should not be installed as service that is load on start up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I deleted Anydesk and it worked again. Stay safe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem at the High Sierra. I deleted Anydesk and everything was fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines