• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl and Alt are reversed for mouse wheel tools

Contributor ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, Illustrator has started behaving differently for me than all other Adobe software. Alt Mousewheel makes me scroll left and right, whereas Ctrl Mousewheel makes me zoom in and out (similar to other software). I'm more used to the Alt Mousewheel setup across all Adobe software, and when I went into Keyboard Shortcuts, there was no binding that would allow me to change it back.

Can somebody help me out with fixing this? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried changing your mouse settings in your computer preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't changed any settings in there. I'm confused why that would change something specific like Illustrator, because Photoshop, Indesign, etc, all still work with Alt + Mousewheel zooming me in and out. Illustrator is the ONLY one that is different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, for some reason, I am also having this problem right now. Do you have any solutions to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't change mouse behaviour in Illustrator. You can maybe change it using third party system extensions, but they might cause other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines