Highlighted

Ctrl + Z in Illustrator closed all of my CC apps?

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this happen before. I pasted an object in Illustrator, decided I didn't want it, and Ctrl + Z'd. This somehow sent the "close" window command to all of my open CC apps, and they began asking me if I'd like to save each file before closing. No crashing. No option to cancel. No option to save as. Just save/don't save, and then the apps closed.

I ended up overwriting several files I didn't want to overwrite just because I didn't want to lose the work I had been doing. Has anyone else ever had this happen? It was like a ghost came by X'd out all of my apps without me knowing it. I'd like to know what caused it so it doesn't happen again.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ctrl + Z in Illustrator closed all of my CC apps?

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never had this happen before. I pasted an object in Illustrator, decided I didn't want it, and Ctrl + Z'd. This somehow sent the "close" window command to all of my open CC apps, and they began asking me if I'd like to save each file before closing. No crashing. No option to cancel. No option to save as. Just save/don't save, and then the apps closed.

I ended up overwriting several files I didn't want to overwrite just because I didn't want to lose the work I had been doing. Has anyone else ever had this happen? It was like a ghost came by X'd out all of my apps without me knowing it. I'd like to know what caused it so it doesn't happen again.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 02, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elizabeth,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. This is really strange and definitely shouldn't be happening. Can you replicate this behavior with new files? 

You may also try resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) and let us know if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please note that all the custom settings would reset too. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0