• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cursor visibility issue in Adobe Illustrator v24.2.1

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my illustrator version 24.2.1 can anyone please tell me why I can't see the cursor like previous versions whenever  I have to assign annY value in fonts or transform panel or in line value panel. Befgore there was a blinking and the cursor was visible byut in this version nothing, no doubt i can assign the value.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing screenshots or a small video of the workflow so that we can understand the issue and help you accordingly?

Please share version of OS as well. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you maybe show a screenshot of what you are referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing screenshots or a small video of the workflow so that we can understand the issue and help you accordingly?

Please share version of OS as well. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen the occasional absence of the blinking cursor inside text objects many times for about 25 years on different OS platforms.

It comes and (somehow) goes away for no obvious reasons.

As for the missing blinking cursor inside panel text fields, I can also confirm that there is obviously something wrong in the most recent versions of Illustrator (sometimes). Have seen it many times during the past weeks.

Showing some kind of screenshot is pretty useless in this case, of course, because the only thing one would see is the missing cursor (that is: nothing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been about 4-5 months since this post, and I'm having issues as well. I notice it, or when I first noticed it today after I had switched from tablet mode to regular laptop mode on my laptop. My laptop is one that has the "all-ib-one" viewing modes including laptop. i've heard that there are some issues w laptop mode in adobe programs, and while this is my first couple of times using illustrator on the laptop, and using laptop mode w it, I can't seem to figure out why it's happening. I think I'm pretty sure it's the switch between the two modes causing the issue but I can't figure out how to fix it other than restarting the program or the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turns out that this is probably a major bug.

In Illustrator 24.2.1 (on Mac OS 10.14.6) all text fields in the whole application (panels, modal dialogs etc.) are not capable to show the cursor.

Does anyone see a different (better) behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Illustrator 24.2.1 (on Mac OS 10.15.5, Catalina), I do not see this issue at all. So if the OP is on a Mac, a system update could fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also on 24.2.1 and 10.15.5, and I have the missing cursor issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my post above has the same issue, but diff scenario. I haven't yet found anything to solve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my version is 25.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff, for your (non-)confirmation when using Illustrator on a newer OS platform.

Would still be intersting if people on Mac OS 10.14.6 can confirm the cursor issue or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt, on my macOS Mojave it is blinking like a star.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the blinking stars, Ton.

I checked it on three different machines and unfortunately the blinking things were not there at all.

Must be something special ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, the "I Beam" blinking text cursor is missing.  Ltest version of Illustrator, Mac OS 10.14.6.  Unfortunately can't update the OS due to the fact I'm running much needed legacy software!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing some search, I think I nabbed the culprit.

The invisible cursor issue only occurs if you are using the brightest colour scheme in the Illustrator Preferences > User Interface section.

In principle the cursor is there, but it is nearly white and you have to peer like a sea eagle to see that there actually is something blinking.

If you take the second brightest scheme, the cursor is at least light grey, but still a bit hard to spot.

If you use one of the two dark schemes, the cursor appears as it should appear in all available schemes.

In my view it is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps it would be quite interesting to know if that (mis)behaviour also occurs with the latest version of Illustrator on the latest Mac OS version (that is: not just on 10.14.6).

Can anyone report?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it does, I've replied to several on here so my apologies if i already did, however I have the latest one, 25.0.1 and it happens from whenever I switch from tablet mode to reg mode on the laptop, considering I have what is known as a "2 in one" version of the Lenovo laptop brand. I haven't seen anything on fixing this issue yet. I'm thinking about reporting it to adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this bug is still present in the latest 23.2.3 update with Mac OS 10.15.6

More details can be found here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40714984-dialog-box-tex...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 24.3 update that was released a couple of days ago provides a partial fix. But the bug is still there.

Some details:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40714984-dialog-box-tex...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm using Illustrator 26.0.2 and have great vision. The text cursor is thinner than frog hair!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines