• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curvature pen tool behavior??

Participant ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having all kinds of troubles with the curvature pen tool in creating the following scenerio.  See screenshot attached.  I was told to hold opt+command in order to stop this but nothing seems to work.  Can anybody suggest how I might go about getting the tool from reverting to an unwanted "previous" segment in order to create a new line please?

Sr. Sabina
TOPICS
Draw and design , Feature request , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem-with-curvature-pen-tool.jpg

Sr. Sabina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and first lock the existing path.

What also could work is to first press away from the path, hold the mouse button down and press the spacebar, then move the anchor to its location, then lift the mosue button and do the same again if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to earlier response, I'd request checking out this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/drawing-pen-curvature-or-pencil.html#DrawwiththeCurvatu...) to know more about Curvature tool. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines