• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Art and pattern brush alignment, when cut and pasted.

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have any idea why my custom brushes are ofset when cut and pasted? The first picture shows the original aligned brush, and the second shows it displaced when pasted in a new document. I am guess it is somewhere in the ocument preferences, but I can´t find it. Any suggestions, please?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please open the appearance panel and check if there's any effect applied anywhere.

Please embed screenshots in your post, don't attach them. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Monika. Its the first time I tried to use this forum. 

In the appearance it says "New art has basic appearance, " so I don´t think it is that. 

How do I embed a screen shot? I was just trying to do jus that when you replied. Do I need to reduce the file size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't reduce the file size. Other than cropping your image if necessary.

Can you please select the artwork and then show a screenshot of the appearance panel?

You can just click on the image icon in the edit box when you write a post on the forum

forum-embed-photos.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 14.10.45.pngOriginal 2020-10-22 at 16.32.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the two images of the misaligned brush stroke... and the second picture shows the original brush construction. My question is why this brush... and in fact all the brushes pasted into this newdocument all have a misaligned brush stroke now. Sorry I´ve been so slow in pasting this. Got caught up in work stuff... 

Any thoughts as to why this is like this?

Thank you Monika for explaining how  can intergrate screen shots into the post! 

thank, Keith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share both Illustrator files (.ai) including the one that contains the misaligned brush stroke?

Also, which version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines