• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom Colors convert to CMYK automatically, when Gaussian Blur is applied in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, spot colour Gaussian blur does not print out when doing separations. How I can fix this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update Illustrator to v24.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40777963-custom-colors-convert-to-cmyk-automatically-when

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this issue was already reported here:

Custom Colors convert to CMYK automatically, when we set "Effect->Blur->Gaussian Blur" 

Sorry, but I have no further informations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's already fixed.

(at least on my Windows machine ;-))

blur-spot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet fixed on Mac Illustrator 24.2.3.

If you need this , install an older version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ton mentioned, the bug is still there on Mac OS.

A workaround that works is the old-fashioned way that one once had to go at the time when Illustrator didn't support spot colours in conjunction with raster effects at all. For example:

- Draw a black filled circle (or with shades of grey).
- Apply the Gaussian Blur effect.
- Behind that circle draw a (slightly) larger path (circle, rectangle etc.) and fill it with the spot colour.
- Select both objects, go to the Transparency palette and create a clipped and inverted opacity mask.

Check the result with the Separation preview palette.

Certainly no ideal solution, but you may take that route, at least until the bug is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update Illustrator to v24.3 to get this fixed.

Here's a link with more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/40777963-custom-colors-...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti Bali, 

I hope you are doing great and safe. Thanks for your reply. I have updated the Illustrator to v24.3 and its working fine now. Once again thank you.

Regards,

Melvina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines