• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom pattern swatch disappearing when moving object in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created this wood grain pattern and embedded it as a swatch (I imbedded it because it wouldn't allow me to make the pattern a swatch otherwise). When I move the piece of lumber around the screen, sometimes the pattern disappears entirely, sometimes it disappears partially, and sometimes it remains on the object. If I move it enough times, the pattern will often reappear in its original form. Here are some versions I get, simply from moving the object around: 

Texture swatch issue - side-by-side screenshots.png

When I copy and paste more of the same object (e.g. to make a pile of lumber), sometimes they paste as the original, and sometimes they lose some or all of the texture. In the below image, I was pasting two pieces of lumber at a time, and it was working fine until I got to the fourth row, where one piece is missing some of its texture. When I export the file, it is still missing part of the texture, seen below in the exported image: 

Pile of Lumber.jpg

I would appreciate any ideas to resolve this. 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

I did not use the 3D tools. 

I ended up getting an Adobe support person to remotely access my file and they resolved the issue. I am not fluent enough in Illustrator language to understand what happened, but they told me:

"It was because the Patterns were applied with different Blending modes which was applied to a particular part of the object frame." 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you produce this image with 3D overlay tools in Illustrator. This can happen if you have covered it with 3D. Sometimes entering 3D and playing with angles and values, sometimes closing the window again without making any changes can solve the problem.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not use the 3D tools. 

I ended up getting an Adobe support person to remotely access my file and they resolved the issue. I am not fluent enough in Illustrator language to understand what happened, but they told me:

"It was because the Patterns were applied with different Blending modes which was applied to a particular part of the object frame." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines