Highlighted

Custom strokes warp when outlining them in Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a stroke in Illustrator and try to outline or use the Blend Tool to make a series of strokes, the strokes become warped after I expand and/or outline them. I don't know how to fix this.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Custom strokes warp when outlining them in Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I create a stroke in Illustrator and try to outline or use the Blend Tool to make a series of strokes, the strokes become warped after I expand and/or outline them. I don't know how to fix this.

TOPICS
Bug, Draw and design, Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screenshot?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. As Monika mentioned above, it would be great if you could share few screenshots or a small video of the workflow.

Also, please confirm if the the issue is related to a specific document or it's happening with new files as well.

We’re here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing an example of your art,  our ability to help is very limited. We need to know how these strokes are custom:

• profile, brush, dashed, endcaps, etc

Try object >> expand appearance instead

You can also do a test by adding a live effect
effect >> path >> outline stroke 
You can then run for example simplify, adn that an clean up what illuistrator is not liking.
The live effect wil help you preview before you expand.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2020 0
Resources