• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CutStudio Plugin Stopped working

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Illustrator CS6 with the Cutstudio Plugin and it have worked well for two years. Now it just suddenly stopped working without me having changed anything in the programs. I can still see the plugin in the Extensions list, but i cannot even open it in Illustrator.

Can anyone help me explain whats happened and how i can change it? I am now unable to export designs into .cst files which my Roland cutter uses.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact the Maker of the plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upgrade your OS recently, you may need to downgrade. But check the plug in manufacturer first and make sure you are running the latest version that works with CS6.

There are also free patches for CS6. (please mention the OS of your system in the future when posting, you ill get more and better replies)

Adobe - Illustrator : For Macintosh

Adobe - Illustrator : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened to me just 2 days ago. I have the GX-24 and after a couple of years working fine, just suddenly stopped working.

When trying to use the installer in the CD, I was was getting an error like 'This plugin does not have a valid signature and won't be installed'.

After some research and trying a few things, I found this page:

http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/cutting.html

Just use the selector on the left to find your cutter and will show you the drivers and plugins for WINDOWS/MAC. Download the one you need and use the extension manger to install it. In my case it showed a few warnings, but will let you continue anyway and install it.

Hopefully, this will help you.

Cheers,

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long story short for the original post, it was due to an outdated plugin. Updating the plugin to the latest version would have solved it, until March 17th 2021 which is the expiration of the signature for the most recent plugin version for CS6.

Two options:

1) Update the adobe software and get off Illustrator CS6. The downside to this is a) cost and b) waiting on Roland to update the CutStudio plugin to work with the latest version of Illustrator.

2) Use a program to make Illustrator CS6 think the date is before March 17th, 2021.

See for details: https://www.thewichitacomputerguy.com/blog/cutstudio-illustrator-cs6-plugin-stopped-working-fix-inva...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aug. 2021, Roland updated the plug-in noted in the earlier post,  http://download.rolanddg.jp/en/cutting.html

Ver.2.02 got the plug-in working again for CS6, this was at least true for SV-15. It gives warnings during the install, but everything seems to work. Nothing else is required to get it working besides installing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines